November 4, 2008

Voting

So, like what seems like a shit ton of people are doing today, I got up nice and early to vote.
4 years ago, I registered up in Blacksburg, where my university is, because I didn't want to deal with absentee ballots. They switched my polling place this year, which was annoying.

However, the school diverted a bunch of busses to shuttle students out to the new polling places, which was awesome. BUt what made my day was this: after i voted, i was looking at waiting about 30 minutes for the next bus to show up, when a nice little old lady pulled up and offered myself, and 3 other students a lift back to campus. No strings attached, no "Who did you vote for" none of it. Just a ride. It was really nice of her. Whats niceer is when we got to campus, she offered anotehr bunch of students waiting for a bus a lift to the polling place.

Sometimes people are awesome :)

3 comments:

Harri Conde said...

Wow! English people aren't like that. :(

Oriphan said...

ZOMG....That's so sweet. I got my lazy ass up at 7 am, to get registered and voted. ^__^

[high fives Bru]
Doesn't matter who you voted for Bru...I love Americans that exercise their freedoms. =3

Jacen said...

^_^ Went with my Dad to vote today. Didn't have to wait at all. Perks of living in a small town I guess. Awesome story Bru. ^_^