November 21, 2008

Fire

I saw a building burn down the other day, really it was quite a site. The building had been under construction for a few months and wasn't nearly finished so no one was there. Anyway, it was the first time I saw a building completely engulfed in flames. Fire soaring out in an inferno as firefighters try with little success to stem the flame. Smoldering wreckage flying off as the building slowly collapses in flaming lumps.

My thoughts as I sat there for near half an hour watching the fire-fighters struggle to put it out was. "Why the hell am I getting so giddy watching a building burn down." All the while trying to keep myself from grinning like an idiot. So, yes it was a bad thing, building going up in smoke like that. But I couldn't help but to just be awed by the sight of a 2 story building billowing flames. Part of me wishes to see an even larger fire at this point, the other part slaps myself and says that would be very bad and I know it. *sigh*


Well, I'll always have the memory...

4 comments:

Harri Conde said...

Wow.

It is strange how people are so fascinated with destruction and death.

Que said...

Well not death so much, for me anyway, but the destruction is a fascination for sure.

Oriphan said...

[shakes fist at you for waking me up that night] =__=

...I still love you, hun. <3
You should have whipped out the camera phone and took some shots for me. ^^

Harri Conde said...

Yeah and for me.