November 5, 2008

Greetings and a First Review

Well, I never actually thought I'd find myself posting in a blog but here I am and darn it, I intend to post regularly. A bit of personal info to start. I'm Jacen, maybe that's my real name, maybe not. I'm from the South Eastern United States and yes, living less than an hour from the beach is awesome. Living closer would be too, except for those darn hurricanes. If you're interested in my interests, check out the appropriate section of my profile. I'll be writing here often I hope, giving reviews of things I'm currently interested in, books, anime, politics, what have you. Big thanks to Ori-kun for giving me the opportunity to do so. So, without any further prattling on about myself since I know you really don't care anyway, I'll get on with my first review.

Yozakura Quartet! The story of a small town in, you guessed it, Japan, where humans and youkai live together in relative harmony. When youkai go bad, our team of...public servants actually...almost all of whom seem to be teenagers or younger...including the mayor...uh...go figure...jump into action, ready to take down the bad guy and put things right again.

So far, only five episodes are out but to be honest, this is already one of my all time favorites. The characters are fun and engaging and there seems to be some real story here. As near as I can tell there are only 12 episodes expected so far which to me is a shame, especially considering the manga is already up to five volumes (which I fully intend to find a copy of). I'll keep you all posted if there is a change in the number of episodes. I truly recommend you put this on your to watch list if you haven't already.

Sayonara for now,

Jacen

5 comments:

brutus said...

Sounds somewhat interesting, tho I have to say I'm swamped as is for Anime these days, so I probably wont be looking into it any time soon

Harri Conde said...

Hello! ^_^

Oriphan said...

...I'm hating you right now. I used to live 20 minutes from the best beach in the area. T__T

Hmm...I'll have to check it out.

I'm busy trying to find more Episodes on Shikabane Hime Aka ^^;

Jacen said...

Hullo to you too Harri. ^_^ Brutus, you really should check it out, I think you'd like it. Ori, if you find it, pleeeeeaaaasssse let me know. ^_^;

Oriphan said...

Ugh...I'm still searching. but Funimation killed it.
and I'm too damn broke to go buy anything essential, never mind something as luxurious as anime DVDs. T__T

....And No one is subbing it anymore, due to licensing...

This is worse than what they did to Soul Eater. @____@