November 9, 2008

Blogmics, Anime, and Manga, Oh my!

.....WINTER IS FINALLY HERE!
no more, being hot!
No more, being pissy about the heat!
And sweatshirts, long sleeves, and scarves, Hazzah!
I finally snowed the other day. ^__^ It didn't stick, but that means that there's a wonderful possibility that it'll snow on me birthday. I was getting worried when we were still getting 70 degree weather. Yay, global warming! [/sarcasm]

Anyway, enough about the damn weather. Kei had suggested I start a blogmic. Since then I've thought about it, and decided I wanted to take a crack at it. unfortunately, updates are going to be far and few, due to the fact that I'm trying to get a second full time job on top of my part time job. [shrugs] I plan on drawing every chance I get.
Anyway, I've decided to start by giving a crack at drawing out the first 3 characters.

Here's Kei ^__^



Here's Bru:


and here's Ori:


I'll post more sketches later.


As for anime, I've been watching some anime here and there.
One disappointment is Funimation's licensing of Shikabane Hime Aka after episode 3. @_@
ah well....
I'll sum up what I've gathered so far about the anime, in one line.
Chick in school uniform, killing undead with a pair of Oozies.

And now I'm watching Kuroshitsuji. So far it's interesting. What I gathered so far is a child aristocrat, who works for the Queen of England, and has a badass butler, who can do almost anything. I've only watched 4 episodes, but I'm anticipating episode 5. ^__^ ((I don't wanna give away too much @_@))

And finally Manga. Ooo I love manga. My current read inclues, Clamp's Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles. Which looks like they might be completing this series. ^^ ((anime's no where near as good as the manga.))
Also, you can't read TRC without reading XXXHolic. I love stories about the supernatural. It's a manga that goes hand in hand with TRC.
And now my obsessive manga addiction includes Katekyo Hitman Reborn! What a fun read! It has action, comedy, and the Mafia. What's not to love?

Anyway...why spoil the fun and tell you more, when you can read them for free here: OneManga
and so far they've been pretty good at their updates. =3


Ugh, I have no time to edit this, I have work in 20 minutes.
So please excuse bad grammar and spelling errors. T__T

7 comments:

Kei Trains said...

Well my abilities are far and few, but I'm here for assistance *salute*. That includes the blogmic as I won't have TONS of free time, but together our little time can be pooled for either better quality or less (or would it be more?) less frequent postings.

Harri Conde said...

Awesome artwork BTW!

brutus said...

~nya~ =^_^=

Oriphan said...

Thanks Kei and Bru hee hee.

I'm working on the cover page. It's being a pain in the ass.

I think I'ma start off with just the three of us for now. @__@
I'ma introduce characters 3 at a time, so I'm not overwhelmed.

For em the more characters in the story the more complex it's gonna be.

Harri Conde said...

I posted this to the wrong person

You can draw me now - i like to wear pretty dresses when I go out? You could use that

If not it's jeans and tshirt :D or awesome randomness perhaps????

http://photobucket.com/harri

I am uploading mores.

Oriphan said...

lol. ok I can do that. ^__^

Harri Conde said...

:O

YAY!

:D

If not don't worry...