January 5, 2009

The nerve of some people

Right so, ever have one of those days when you go "what the hell is this jackass thinking?" Well, that happened to me yesterday.

So far, breaks been wonderful for me. Errands to run and what not, but overall, fine and dandy. Spent a whole week+ with the girlfriend in DC, time of my life. Get home last night, check my school mail, and I've got an email marked "Urgent" from one of my professors for next semester. Now, I've never met this guy, but let me tell you, he's made a bad impression. The bastard has assigned homework due the 26th of January, and warns that we should start it asap, as its gonna take "5-10 hours to do, and there will be another assignment sent out next week". Now, to make sure you understand, this shit is giving us work to do, on break (which your not supposed to do) BEFORE the semester has even STARTED!


Now, please, if my being pissed at this is irrational, please let me know :P (dont really tell me if im being irrational, i'll just say nasty things about you :P )

7 comments:

Kei Trains said...

Remember when we were kids and you had like summer reading to do over summer break so the week you came back to school you'd have to do a paper or have a test?

I did those every year with my HS teacher lol. Two books over summer.

brutus said...

Heh, true. I usually enjoyed the books assigned...this guy tho, is turning me and all the other students into his own damn secertaries.....we're sitting here copying down contact info for business schools...we have to jot down the info for ALL the Faculty members of each business school we've been assigned.......my poor fingers T_T


(But yeah, i see your point )

Jacen said...

I still don't like the sound of what he's having you do Bru. I seriously think you should check with the Dean's Office or something...:/

brutus said...

I did a little digging. This "Non-profit" organization that he's got us "working" for is funded by the university. I seriously doubt going to the dean will help things....

Banshee said...

*nuzzles*

You know, the more you reveal about what it is you actually have to do, the more clear it's becoming to me (read as: I just realized, sorry for being a moron) that I could probably help you with this... If you'd like me to help you look things up, I'm willing.

Also, I like how you've mentioned "the girlfriend" in a couple posts, but I don't get a name :-P At least in my journal you have names :-P~~

Oriphan said...

wow...ouch...
[massages Bru's fingers]
Good luck man.

wanna hear something sucky, school related? I won't be able to get into school until Summer. T__T
They screwed up the dates for when the semester started. And it's gonna start this Thursday, not on the 20th. So I won't be able to get all my paperwork done on time for this semester.

Jacen said...

That sucks Ori-kun. At least you can use the time to work and save up a little extra money though. :)