January 21, 2009

An Excuse and a Poem

Sorry for the extended absence, folks! Things haven't been hectic or anything, but I've just been lazy or had nothing to write about. =P Today, though, I would like to share one of my favorite poems I wrote a couple of years ago. Critique and comments are always welcome! Gah, I always have a hard time showing my work. Especially my poetry.

Toxicity

Your lips against mine,
Our bodies in a slow grind
The sweet caress of your fingers,
Brushing over my thigh.

It’s that damn poison, baby-
You’ve got me on a constant high.

My heart tells me to stop, while
My body gently coaxes you in

This is wrong, so wrong-
Why does it feel so right?
Why does your darkness
Seem like my light?
You get me so hot
But my heart is so cold

Why couldn’t I just do as I was told?

Why can’t I learn to leave you alone?

It’s that damn poison, baby
I’m addicted in every sense of the word
Living in a constant high…

While you’re killing me on the inside.


This is on my deviantart account too... you all should take a look-see. *waggles eyebrows* Also, maybe you guys could even request certain styles or themes from me and my stories? Whatever you'd like to see in writing, and I'd do my best to execute it. What do ya think?

No comments: