February 1, 2009

small gripe

So, the superbowl is tonite. My team didn't make it, but I decided as soon as I found out the Redskins wouldn't be in the playoffs, to root form whom I thought would be the most unlikely candidate to win: the Cardinals. And since they made it to the superbowl, I'm pretty entertained, and will be cheering them on all night. Heres the problem tho:

I'm going over to my friends apartment. There are 3, count em, 3 High Def 36 inch or larger Plasma Screen Tv's there, with HD Cable. Now, 36inches aint that big, but its a damn sight better then what I got. I watched the superbowl there last year on HD, and it was awesome. If I can, I will never watch the big game one something that isnt HD. I digress. 

The game is probably going to last a while. Its a Sunday night, tho, and that means the busses stop running to my friends apartment at 10:30. Odds are, the game wont be over by then. Here in lies my issue. Why the hell wont the University do something smart for once, and extend the bus hours on nights like this. Last year we had reports of a good deal of students getting plastered and having trouble getting back to Campus. Not everyone has friends they can call on for a lift. I'm lucky. One of my friends agreed to pick me up this year after the game. Not everyone will get that chance. 

All I'm saying is, the University I go to should really use their heads some times, and have the busses run a little later on Sunday night, when theres a big game like the Superbowl on. I realize it's not a University sponsered event, but the guys in charge should know that most students are going to be interested, and probalby off campus, and probably drunk to boot. I wish the people in charge would use their heads some times....

No comments: